Visiting the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, and not sure what to expect? Fret not, these ideal travel tips for the Gold Coast will help you make your journey smoother.
- If you’re a budget traveler, Hostels and Apartments are going to be your best bet while traveling in the Gold Coast. Hostels are quite clean and offer a great atmosphere for solo travelers throughout Australia and Gold Coast is no different.
- It is also advised to hire a bike during your time in the Gold Coast, a personal bike will help you explore the coastline, riding the beach promenade trail and do much more while saving you time and money both, on top of adding to an enjoyable experience. Bike trails are spread very wisely across Gold Coast.
- If you want to learn more about Aussie animals then it might be well worth your while buying a ticket to see them at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary where you can spot Koalas, Kangaroos, snakes and much more. You can even hug a Koala there and get some pictures clicked.
- Consider spending extra money for the skip the queue passes at most popular attractions and wildlife parks in Gold Coast.
- Australia is known for its beaches, and there is no better budget activity to do while you are on the Gold Coast. Pack a lunch, grab your towel and a mat and hit the nearest beach. Bring a frisbee or a ball to add to the experience.
- Stay at Surfers Paradise if you are a solo traveler looking for making friends. Surfers Paradise in Gold Coast is the highlighted area.
- Most young backpackers enjoy checking out the local nightlife. Surfers Paradise has plenty of pubs, bars, and nightclubs.
- If you are into hiking, you will be glad to know that at only 30 minutes beyond the bustling Gold Coast beaches lies the Gold Coast Hinterland where you can find Farmland, vineyards, quaint villages, sprawling National Parks and rainforest reserves to explore and enjoy a walk.
Looking for more tips and things to do in the Gold Coast? Check this ideal Travel Itinerary for Gold Coast.