Visiting the Slovenian capital of Ljubljana and looking for some useful travel tips to plan your holiday better? These ideal Ljubljana travel tips will not only give you a better idea about budgeting your trip but also familiarise you with some highlighted tourist attractions in Ljubljana.
- Ljubljana is a tiny capital town most of which can be explored on foot.
- It is not allowed to drive inside the old town of Ljubljana making it more of a pain to be visiting Ljubljana with your own car. Parking, moreover, is quite expensive in Ljubljana.
- Metelkova District is one of the most unique things about Ljubljana. Art lovers should not miss it at any cost.
- For the ultimate sightseeing experience, and to see Ljubljana really differently, book a hot-air balloon flight.
- Did you know more than 50 percent of Ljubljana is green space? Tivoli Park and Rožnik Hill are two impressive green spaces in Ljubljana making it an amazing thing for budget backpackers to do nothing but enjoy their day sipping a beer and picnicking in the park.
- Running is the most popular activity in Ljubljana. Everybody does it, so don’t be surprised when you see huge crowds of runners in the afternoons. It’s possible to join one of the many running groups in Ljubljana and get into the habit of daily running, should you be staying in the town for a few days.
- Since Ljubljana is very tiny and most of its attractions are located in the city center, it is possible to see all of Ljubljana in a couple of days.
- Try to spare a day to explore Lake Bled (located on the north of Ljubljana) and Postojna Cave (located on the south of Ljubljana). Both can be done in one day.
- There are numerous free walking tours available in Ljubljana, operated by local college students. Be a part of one of them to know more about Ljubljana past and present. A few EUR as a tip is however expected after the tour.
- Enjoy some live music on Congress Square for free.
Also Read: Rome Travel Tips