Visiting the popular pilgrim site of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh? Read these Tirupati Travel Tips and plan your trip better.
- City is called Tirupati and Pilgrimage site is called Tirumala Venkateswara Temple. Venkateswara is what Sri Vishnu is being called here.
- Tirupati is a densely populated city of Andhra Pradesh, but it is totally clean, no strays, no garbage, even beggars a common sight at a pilgrimage were missing.
- Temple is situated at a hill, and the whole hill is dedicated to only Sri Visnu, no hotel, no restaurant, no amusement park, nothing. Only real devotees, no fun-seeker were there. Nature abounds. It was an altogether different experience.
- You can go by bus from Tirupati or you can go on foot, and the whole footpath trail is well maintained, and clean. You can find eatables on the route.
- Somewhere it was written on the web that walking distance is 2.5 km, but it wasn’t. It was at least 9 or 10 km of a walk, I only mentioned it because sometimes there is a shortage of time. Otherwise, it is a pleasant walk, where deer came to look at you.
- You have to book your darshan tickets online. There is a different line for seniors and now they have started one for parents with small kids.
- There is a dress code, you should wear a salwar kameez, on their site it is kameez- churidars they have mentioned, but churidars means any of traditional Indian wear. Reach there at the time otherwise, you will miss your turn. Free tea, coffee, the milk they provide to everyone.
- Prasad- famous laddoo of Tirupati you also have to book online.
How to reach Tirupati
- There is an airport at Tirupati at a distance of 15 km from the center of the city. Frequent flights are accessible to Banglore, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Rails are plentiful from Tirupati railway station, so are Buses.